Monday, October 24, 2016
AIFPA, Pixie to organise Food Show 2012 from December 13-15 at New Delhi
Tuesday, 27 November, 2012, 08 : 00 AM [IST]
Abhitash Singh, Mumbai
The All India Food Processors' Association (AIFPA) is organising Food Show 2012 in New Delhi from December 13-15, 2012.
The body will be organising the event in association with Pixie Consulting Solutions Ltd (PCSL). It would be supported by Agriculture and Processed Food Products, Export Development Authority (APEDA), ministry of food processing industries (MoFPI), and some Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
D V Malhan, executive secretary, AIFPA, said, “More than 200 exhibitors and one lakh visitors from the food processing industry will be participating in India's largest food show. Food Show 2012 will be a very good platform to exchange ideas for those people who are associated with food processing industries.”
He added, “Exhibitors from food processing - fruits and vegetables, cereals and pulses including maize, bakery and confectionery, ready-to-eat foods and fruit juice, dairy products and analogues, edible fats, oils and fats emulsions, meat and poultry products and fish processing, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, spices, condiments and related products, organic foods, exporters of processed foods, food ingredients and additives, innovative processed foods, innovative food ingredients/ additives, plant and equipment manufacturers for cereals and pulses including maize and rice, dairy industry, bakery, confectionery, meat and poultry processing, cold chain, packaging machines and materials for packaging machines, labelling machines, inspecting, checking and sorting machines, food packaging materials (films, glass, paper, foils, etc.), caps and closures, laboratory and safety equipments for selection of laboratory equipment, sanitary and hygiene management, accreditation/certification bodies, farmers, consultancy firms having expertise in agriculture, post-harvest management, processing technologies with linkages of farmers with food processors etc., financial institutions for government financial assistance schemes and loans from banks and financial institutions.”
Points to Ponder
1) India has a largely untapped domestic market of over 1.21 billion consumers of whom 300 million consume processed and packaged foods while an additional 200 million are expected to shift to processed food consumption by 2015.
2) India is largest producer of wheat and rice/fruits/vegetables/milk/livestock in the world.
3) The food processing industry has been declared priority sector for bank lending.
4) No industrial licence is required for food and agro processing industries except for alcoholic beverages and a few items reserved for small-scale sector.
5) Excise duty on processed fruits and vegetables has been reduced considerably whereas in certain processed foods it is completely waived off.
6) Customs duty on refrigerated motor vehicles has been waived while customs duty on food processing machinery reduced from 7.5 to 5 per cent.
7) Import of food processing machinery allowed freely with low level duties. Import of capital goods for export of agricultural products and their value added variants under Export Promotion Capital Goods (EPCG) is allowed duty-free.
Objectives of the Show
1) A platform for market linkages and business opportunities.
2) Showcase for trends, opportunities and developments in the food processing sector.
3) Showcase the widest range of processed foods available.
4) Showcase the widest range of plant and machinery including packaging equipment and materials for the food processing industry.
5) Laboratory equipment and their selection criteria.
6) Offer a platform and trade solutions to grow business.
One-day national seminar on the topic - Indian Food Processing Industry - For Sustainable Prosperity in Agriculture. Speakers of international repute shall present their views on various topics of the theme of the seminar.
Highlights of AIFPA Food Show
3-day exhibition focussing on processed foods, innovative food ingredients and food additives, plant and equipment, packaging equipments and materials, laboratory equipments and management.
This page allows you to send the current page to your friend.
Your Friends Email ID:
Your Email ID:
Post Your Comment
"We plan to quadruple capacity in 3-4 years"
FNB NEWS SPECIALS
Packaged wheat flour market growth 19% CAGR; may reach Rs 7500 cr: Ikon
Recipe for Success
Don’t hold back from ordering from a female bartender
Copyright © Food And Beverage News. All rights reserved.
Designed & Maintained by
Saffron Media Pvt Ltd